Tuesday 21 January 2014

Plant markers

Slate markers seen at Stourhead Gardens
Earlier this year I noted the slate markers at Stourhead and thought that they were a great idea for community gardens.


Broken roof tiles
Yesterday I noted the pile of broken tiles that J removed from the roof earlier this year. I had a 'light bulb' moment.

Tile markers for my veg patch.
These tiles will make great markers! Not all of the tiles are suitable, I'll need to go through the pile and pick out the best. The rest will get smashed down into rubble for use in the vegetable garden. Not a job I'm looking forward to but worth doing none the less. 

I also need to see how well the chalk will last. I suspect that I'll need to purchase a chalk marker but for now traditional chalk will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment