Monday 31 March 2014

Wrist warmers for J


My latest knitting project, wrist warmers for J! When he works from home it doesn't take long for him to notice that the level of warmth within our home is substantially less than in his office at work. Coupled with him being sat still in front of a computer for most of the day inevitably his hands get cold which makes typing uncomfortable.

When I first offered to make him some I'm sure that he thought that it would be a bit of a joke but the next time he worked from home he was wearing them; all day. I think that he surprised himself!

The pattern was a simple tube knitted on double-pointed needles. As he is slimmer around the wrist than above the thumb  I enlarged the tube above the thumb hole for comfort and cast off using an elastic cast off technique. I wasn't so impressed with this as it left the end looser than I intended but J is happy with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment