Friday 19 April 2013

A time for doing



Three weeks ago, fed up with waiting for it to warm up, I treated myself to some large thick socks and two pairs of thin leggings for layering under my jeans. The idea was that I would stop lamenting about how cold it is and start doing stuff again because I am ready to do stuff again. As is the way of these things they have been used for less than a week thanks to the return (finally!) of our usual, mild weather.

I also made another decision, with me feeling warmer it is time to tackle my weight. I have successfully lost weight twice in the past (weight loss story can be found here) and, when everything is going well, it is actually not hard at all. But trying to lose weight when I'm stressed, being pulled in many directions at once or even just feeling a bit low does not work. My life is not perfect now but neither is it bad. The small changes that I've been making over the past few months have given me a better sense of worth and I feel pride in what I have achieved.

There are many diets to choose from, I know from experience that I will hop and change ideas from time to time, the trick is not to get bored.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment