Sunday 14 April 2013

Spring has sprung

 
Spring is actually here! For the first time this year I have been able to go outside and have not been chased immediately back into the house by the bitter cold wind. 
 

I felt able to dawdle and explore the garden, finding little gems such as this adorable pale primrose hiding in our hedge. There are other primroses in my garden but their petals seem a suspiciously garish yellow, not the delicate light touch of our native.



 My main lawn is still taken over by large boxy clumps of narcissi but now other flowers are making themselves known too.


My compost area is more usable thanks to an extended path. Unfortunately the ground is still too claggy to remove all the nettles and I suspect that I won't have much time to devote to this now that we are, finally, warming up so they may just get smothered with compost and black plastic for a year.


The warmth even drew my youngest out into the garden for a bit of archery practise.

 
It rained, the sun shone and the breeze blew gently but warm. A typical British day. Nice to have one of these again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment