Friday 4 April 2014

Knuckle down to weeding

Fist veg bed, before
It's been a long time since I have done any work in my veg patch. The rain has made working here pretty much impossible. Having said that I am glad that I didn't prep the beds any sooner as the heavy rains would have leached much of the goodness from any added compost.


First veg bed, after
It took quite a while to clear it, the grass has really appreciated the extra water and gone from strength to strength. Most of the other weeds were easy to deal with and I soon had this cleared and four barrows compost, humus and leafmould added as mulch. Into this went my garlic plants which I'm sure will feel better for being out of their small modules.

I do love a good makeover. One bed down, 5 more to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment