Monday 8 July 2013

Health: stretch

Honesty - stretching for the light!
Flexibility has been raising it's head around here again. As in J and I are losing it! Me, I'm just not active enough. J lives in a world designed for shorter people and has always had back issues as a result but these are made worse thanks to long hours spent driving.

I don't have his excuse but for the last few months I have been finding it uncomfortable to get up in the mornings. I always used to be a fidget in bed but now I seem to stay in the same position and I can really feel it when I wake, my body is so stiff. I'm only in my 30's so I really ought to do something about this!

I have lots of books and fancy routines I could follow but back to this years plan of 'just do it' I'm ignoring the research and using common sense. Every time I want to watch the TV I stretch. Starting with a full body stretch I work my way down the different parts of the body. Slowly I'm becoming more mobile.

I enjoy stretching and I love how it makes me feel when I have finished. Yet again I have to ask myself, why did I ever stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment