Tuesday 30 July 2013

Individual choices


I've been adding a few blogs to my reading list including The Compost Bin which, thanks to a recent post, has led me to Life after Money . This is about a woman who consciously made the decision to manage on less money in order to have more time. She's been on TV a few times, including 'Super Scrimpers', but as I've given up on this programme this is the first time that I have come across 'Mean Queen' (I have found most of the tips on Super Scrimpers to be common sense and what I hope most of us are already doing - if not then I really do not want to be depressed by the amount of waste shown!)

Scanning through some of her older posts I found this one, Focus on my wheels. The post is just a daily catch up on her car maintenance spending but I love, love, love the final paragraph:
It might seem a bit odd for me to have a car, when I am on a very small income, sitting in a freezing house with no central heating and I don't have a television set, but that is how I prioritise my needs. My frugality gives me the things which I consider are important.
It is very easy to judge people, especially when it comes to their spending. But at the end of the day it is all about choice, and making choices that suit you and your family. Every household is different and we really aught to enjoy the diversity that this offers rather than criticise their choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment