Friday 5 July 2013

New toy for me!


Okay, so I've had this for about a month now and it's even been mentioned in my planning but I've yet to blog about it. So here it is, a rather poor photograph of my Singer 15-96. It doesn't work though most parts will move. I foresee this being a winter restoration job and I can't wait to get my teeth into it but I don't want yet another half done project lying around so I need to put it on the back burner for now.

I've always wanted a treadle sewing machine and having tools that don't need electricity just seems like such a sensible idea. Also I could do with a new sewing machine as I use mine a lot but it just isn't up to the job. It is a cheap Brother that has done me well so far but unfortunately its stitch isn't very straight. I can't afford to buy better so I've gone backwards to the old reliable singers.

There is a lot of work to do on this but when it is finished it will look good and also be useful. Thankfully singer parts are readily available. I may possibly change the machine itself but I won't decide on that until I've got it running.

No comments:

Post a Comment