Thursday 6 February 2014

Looking at the lawn

crocus
Spring is definitely on it's way. I cannot miss the crocus' that have pushed their heads out of the earth.

Narcissi
These are much easier to miss, lots and lots of narcissi! It's hard work avoiding all of these new shoots scattered across our lawn.

Snowdrops
The snowdrops have been a surprise. We've always had some but this year they seem to be all over the garden. When we first moved in there were just a couple of overgrown patches that were so congested that they were pushing themselves out of the earth. I have been doing my best to spread them out over the last few years but the display at the moment has surpassed my expectations. Lots of individual snowdrops everywhere and I'm sure that they can't all be down to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment