Saturday 13 April 2013

Wardrobe review: blue skirt

 
I love this skirt. I like how it drapes and the strange diagonal shift in stripes on it. Unfortunately this skirt doesn't love me. The length of it hits me on the fattest part on my calves, every time I've worn it I've felt very matronly. I don't want to make it shorter as it won't suit this style so I've had to go longer instead.
 
Finding the correct fabric was never going to be an option so instead I dived into my ribbon stash and found a length of fat lace. Cutting this in half along it's length gave me enough to go all the way around the bottom of the skirt.
 
 
Having done this I have to ask, will I actually wear this? I think that I will. The frill adds just enough length and silliness to remove this from the matron category. Success!
 
Previous post: Wardrobe review

No comments:

Post a Comment