Friday 22 March 2013

Home made ginger cordial

Ginger cordial in the making
I don't drink many hot drinks, I've never acquired the taste for tea and coffee affects me too much. I love hot chocolate but as my version is rather rich it isn't a drink for every day. I've experimented with herbal teas in the past but none of them have hit the mark. The only success has been Tetley's green tea that I enjoyed... but I had the same caffeine issue as I did with coffee which nixed that as a regular drink. So I'm usually down to the occasional hot drink of oxo or cup-a-soup, warming but not good fare for a regular cuppa.

I love ginger and have occasionally treated myself to ginger cordial, most recently with Bottlegreen's Ginger and Lemongrass. But what I really want is something with a bit more of a kick to it so I decided to try making my own. Working off a basic recipe of 2 parts water to 1 part sugar I boiled up some chopped up root with one lemon to make a delicious refreshing drink. With a kick. I use ALOT of ginger. It is good. Unfortunately the rest of my family think so too so it's going down quickly.

An extra bonus, this is delicious hot!

I must buy more ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment