Wednesday 20 March 2013

Spring Equinox


Cowslip
Today is the Spring Equinox.

I'm looking for things to celebrate and this is a festival that feels very right to me. Lots of googling has not really inspired me as celebrations for this festival and Easter can be very similar due to the Christian tradition of recycling older festivals. I was raised as a Christian and have always celebrated Easter albeit in the modern worship the chocolate egg way. So, if Easter is our family's Spring festival what can the Equinox be? One idea I have had is to consider it as the start of the Spring celebrations and use it as a day to put up our Easter decorations.

What does seem significant about today is that day and night are in equal length so I would like to do something to represent this fleeting moment of balance. I have a candle that I have previously made that is actually two thin ones twisted together, I may use this as a symbol for today.

The next question is what do I feel is out of balance in my life and what should I do about it. The first thing that hits me is that I don't spend enough time outside, not necessarily doing work, just being. I need to make time to enjoy being outdoors more often. The other thing out of balance is my food intake and exercise, this is also something I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment