Monday 20 May 2013

Drawing fairies

Fairy on daffodil
One of my recent 'missions' was to do a little bit of art every day. This didn't last long thanks to the sudden warming of our weather and any spare time was spent in the garden. I did manage to do a little though and used the book 'water colour fairies' by David Riche as inspiration.

I enjoyed this book. Not all of the artists are my cup of tea but I found the ideas combined with the waking up of my own dormant garden set my creativity urge alight. Above you can see a fairy sat on a daffodil. The pose was taken straight from my son who really didn't want to be sketched. The daffodil was from my garden.

I enjoyed the process of creating art in my sketch book. It didn't have to be perfect, it didn't have a purpose. This is a 'mission' that I will revisit.

No comments:

Post a Comment