Thursday 30 May 2013

Which currants are these?


I have three small fruit bushes in my garden, white currant, red currant and black currant. They were planted out last year but, thanks to some devious plant label removal, I don't know which are which! I'm looking forward to the fruit ripening so that we can figure it out.

These plants are going to be moving at some point. I have a hedge at the top end of my veg patch which is made from a handful of overgrown shrubs. It has occurred to me that if I removed these boring plants I can create a sunny bed perfect for my soft fruit. It may take some time to happen (considering other on going projects) and I'm wanting to propagate the few plants I have to multiply my stock. But the decision is right and gives me a good goal to move forward on.

No comments:

Post a Comment