Friday 22 November 2013

Forgetting about the garden


Getting the garden tidied up for winter is what I am supposed to be doing at the moment. But I'm not. I need to collect all the fallen leaves for leaf mould. I keep putting this off. I just want to be tucked up inside the house with I nice hot drink.

The problem is that this time of year my garden is very wet. This is part of the normal way in Autumn but is accentuated by the fact that we have a nearby river. The ground never fully dries out. I dread to think what my veggies would do if I attempted to overwinter many!

So I sit, snuggled up in the house, occasionally glancing out of the window promising my garden that I will get there soon. But in the mean time my nesting instincts are kicking in making me want to decorate and craft my way to a nicer home.

No comments:

Post a Comment