Wednesday 13 November 2013

Nanowrimo

Writers block?
I mentioned in my monthly review post that I would be attempting National Novel Writing Month. Whilst I have been enjoying this experience it has been so hard. I've barely even started! My biggest issue has been that I have become caught up in my novel, it has become too important to me and I now have writers block. So, in order to keep on writing I have started a second story with the help of some inspiration dice that we made a while back out of old wooden blocks. These have been a great way to get going again.

I'm not sure where I am going to go with this after November is over but so far it has been an excellent exercise on getting me working in the evenings again and I am surprised at just how much I am enjoying the process of writing. If only I could let go of my perfectionism it would all run a bit more smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment